directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject [Kerberos] Kerberos + Wicket
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2007 01:46:39 GMT
Hi, Directory developers,

As part of documenting practical uses of Apache Directory for Kerberos
authentication, I got Kerberos authentication to a Wicket web app
working.  This uses the "SPNEGO+GSS-API+Kerberos V5" scheme
popularized by IE and now well-supported in Firefox.  I used the jGSS
code in JDK 1.5, so this was a pretty quick 80-lines of code to glue
Negotiate processing to Wicket.  The "three-headed" Kerberos setup I
tested was (1) Firefox 2 and IE 7 (2) Wicket app (3) and Apache
Directory.

I wanted to check where the best home for this code is.  I followed
the layout of the "signin" and "signin2" apps in Wicket Examples, so
one possibility is a contribution to Wicket.  But, 90% of the
difficulty is in the configuration of Kerberos, so I think it makes
the most sense to maintain at Directory.  The code is commented and
ready to commit.  I would do a Confluence page to detail, from
scratch, how to set this up.

Any objections to my committing this to Directory?  Would it be a
module in trunk or something I put in my sandbox, maybe until you get
to review a TBD Confluence page?

Enrique