directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <>
Subject LogFormat used by httpd at
Date Sat, 17 Feb 2007 21:06:18 GMT

I would like to analyze the www log files with the help of analog, a
free web analytics tool. I was able to fetch old and current log files
(at least since October 2006), but I have a problem to configure analog:

I do not know which exact log file format the httpd at
uses. In the of files, many columns carry a "-" all the time, so it is
not an easy task to find out.

The format is (probably) defined in a LogFormat directive in httpd.conf,
but I assume I am not authorized to read the configuration file.

Is it appropriate to simply send a message to
and ask, which value is used?

Greetings from Hamburg,

View raw message