directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <>
Subject Re: [Website] Add Google Analytics to ADS Websites ?
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2007 18:20:49 GMT
John E. Conlon wrote:
> Google is going to take over the world!
> Not that that is a bad thing, nor would I say we shouldn't do this
> because of that, but beside world dominance is there anything bad about
> goggle analytics?
> Of course to find out - I searched Yahoo...

Heh from a competitor need to read this with care.

> Here is what I found:
> Is the criticism valid?

There might be some truth to this.  Look at the fact that you yourself
run NoScript.  If enough people are out there the results will be skewed
to some degree.

However because we're not basing any big decisions on this data it's
okay to just use it to get a ballpark estimate.

If it does not hurt in terms of bandwidth then I'm fine with it.

View raw message