directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <szoer...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release ApacheDS 1.0.1
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2007 19:09:47 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> So let's vote now :
>
> [ ] +1 Release ApacheDS 1.0.1
> [ ] 0 Abstain
> [ ] -1 Don't release ApacheDS 1.0.1

-1

Rationale:

(1) Open Group Certification
It is necessary, that the ApacheDS 1.0.1 release passes the test suite
from the Open Group, which is currently not the case. I assume that fixing

which I had to reopen for the 1.0 branch, will do.

(2) Connecting with Softerra LDAP Administrator fails
Softerra LDAP Administrator 3.4 fails to fetch the schema for the
current 1.0 (COM error), and it does afterwards not allow to browse the
directory at all.

I am working on a JUnit test which imitates this behavior. But if schema
fetching with JNDI causes problems, this would be a blocker from my
point of view (Softerra alone is not).

I assure to help analyzing/fixing these problems in order to have a high
quality 1.0.1 release.

Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan

---8<---