directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [OSGi] Implementing OSGi for 1.5
Date Sun, 11 Feb 2007 16:05:15 GMT
John E. Conlon wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> Thanks for the comments.  See inline for responses.

Truly thanks for your effort to push OSGi along. I really want to go
this route but I want all our bases covered.

Having read your response and Emmanuel's, I think I would like to wait
until we have a *non*-snapshot release of the OSGi plugin in the Maven
repository to use before tackling this in May or better yet June.  I
don't want the build to depend on SNAPSHOT plug-ins because I would not
allow a production release so long as we did.

We can re-evaluate this and prep the team by then so we can all
participate in this OSGi aim together.  It would be nice to have you
involved with the guts of ApacheDS as well as being on the periphery
with the OSGi effort and likewise I'd like to see the rest of the team
more involved with the OSGi effort.  I'd like to also see if you can get
OSGi to give us certain things like JMX for free so we can better
control and instrument the server.

I want to know what our benefits are going to be and who is going to be
involved with making sure we get those benefits.  Also what's the deal
with Spring-OSGi? Is there some advantage to be gained there?  Do we get
the best of both worlds?

Let's get your documentation into the Apache confluence under the 1.5
confluence's developer guide area and more people on this team looking
at it and commenting on it.

This sound good?

Thanks,
Alex