directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Search filter bug and question
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 03:11:01 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> Dave Bothwell a écrit :

>> It appears the AND operator and associated parentheses are being
>> stripped away.
>
> Good find ! But you are lucky :) It has been fixed last saturday ...
> (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-823)
> What you can do is to get a nighty build or build the server from the
> source. (nighty builds are *temporarily* available from
> http://www.iktek.com/index.jsp?rubrique=ads)

Might want to switch to 1.0.1-SNAPSHOTs for now or wait for 1.0.1 to be
released here in a few days thanks to Emmanuel's hard work.

>> (2)
>>
>> My question has to do with the filter statement:
>>
>> (| (objectClass=groupOfNames)[0] (objectClass=groupOfUniqueNames)[0] )[0]
>>
>> I have not been able to hunt down information about the [0] syntax,
>> which appears to be new to version 1.0.0. If someone can enlighten me
>> or perhaps point me in the direction of the appropriate RFC I would
>> greatly appreciate it.
>
> uh ? Where did you found this syntax? Isn't it possible that it's an
> artifact you get from logs?
>
> AFAIK, those [0] are simply not allowed...

These are scan counts from the optimizer which is inserted into the
filter nodes.  The jdbm backend uses these to determine the best way to
evaluate the filter on the entries in the partition.

Cheers,
Alex