directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Search filter bug and question
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 00:11:34 GMT
Dave Bothwell a Ă©crit :

> Hello directory developers,

Hi Dave !

> I have recently completed a custom partition, which I developed in
> version 0.9.3 and ported to version 1.0.0. I believe I have uncovered
> a bug (1) and, I also have a separate question (2) both are in regards
> to filters. First the bug:
>
> (1)
>
> Using JXplorer I entered a filter in the search dialog:
>
> (|(&(!(sn=*ton*))(cn=*b*))(uid>=a))
>
> when the filter was received at myCustomPartition’s search function it
> read
>
> (| (! (sn=*ton*) ) (cn=*b*) (0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.1>=a) )
>
> I believe it should read:
>
> (| (& (! (sn=*ton*) ) (cn=*b*) ) (0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.1>=a) )
>
> It appears the AND operator and associated parentheses are being
> stripped away.

Good find ! But you are lucky :) It has been fixed last saturday ...
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-823)
What you can do is to get a nighty build or build the server from the
source. (nighty builds are *temporarily* available from
http://www.iktek.com/index.jsp?rubrique=ads)

> (2)
>
> My question has to do with the filter statement:
>
> (| (objectClass=groupOfNames)[0] (objectClass=groupOfUniqueNames)[0] )[0]
>
> I have not been able to hunt down information about the [0] syntax,
> which appears to be new to version 1.0.0. If someone can enlighten me
> or perhaps point me in the direction of the appropriate RFC I would
> greatly appreciate it.

uh ? Where did you found this syntax? Isn't it possible that it's an
artifact you get from logs?

AFAIK, those [0] are simply not allowed...

> Also, I would like to thank Alex and the rest of the team for all
> their hard work. It is a pleasure working with your product.

Well, the pleasure is ours ! That's good to know that people out there
are using ADS, and even if it put pressure on our shoulders, it's always
good news to have happy users :)

FYI, a 1.0.1 version is coming out very soon (two weeks ?). Many bugs
will be fixed, included your bug number (1).

Tanks a lot !

> dbothwell@eprimepoint.net

Emmanuel

PS: We will be very interested to get your testimony about using ADS
(what is it good for, which kind of problem you went through, which kind
of solution it solved, such like that :)