directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: [Testing] Coping with so many integration tests
Date Sun, 04 Feb 2007 20:36:54 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The number of integration tests are growing large (we have hundreds) as
> we get more coverage for the server and the functionality increases.
> These tests start and stop apacheds and clean out working directories on
> each run so they can take a while especially if a test case has lots of
> tests in it.

In some cases it may also be an option to simply reduce the number of
test methods within the test classes.

For instance we have some tests with several methods, each of them with
one search operations. If we combine them and add good assertion
messages for each step, we will reduce the run time without loosing
much. The question is whether it is really necessary to have a fresh
server for each operation.

Greetings,
     Stefan