directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole_er...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [COLLABORATION] James
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 14:57:05 GMT
Hey Stefano,

I still need to check in the RPM Factory stuff :-)
but will point you too it as soon as I do.

I'm writing a ApacheDS Contributor Guide first.  Then
I'm going to use the checklists in there to make sure
I  dotted all the T's.

It's an eclipse documentation plugin, so should be
easy to use for James as well in case you are
interested.

So once that's done I'll double check the RPM factory
stuff, and check it in.  I'll let you know as soon as
I do.

I'm also planning to write a similar guide around the
Bootstrappers/Daemon, so that there is a design
document that all of apache can refer to, in case
other projects like Tomcat, etc. might be interested
as well.  Ideally there would be one project to
improve on that's common to all the servers,
regardless of container, etc.

> From Directory's
> sources I guess you use jscv too, right?

Let me get back to you on that one, once the initial
draft of the design document is finished.  I like
having that as a context for everything, so that there
is something upfront to add to :-)

Ideally the RPM factory will grow into a "Apache
Server Installer Factory" and will be capable of
generating installers for all Apache Servers using a
general framework across RPMs, MS$, Debian, Solaris,
etc.

OK - back to the installer guide.  I'll copy you when
I subversion it, sometime later today hopefully :-)

Cheers,
- Ole

The fish are biting.