directory-dev mailing list archives

From "dbothwell" <>
Subject Search filter bug and question
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2007 04:02:29 GMT
Alex & Emmanuel,

Thank you so much for your fast response.

> Ahhhh.... This is a toString() which expose this information ! I though you
> were  talking about the filter syntax as expressed is RFC 2254.
> Ok, this is a debug information as explained by Alex :)

You are correct, I am calling a toString in my search method:

	public NamingEnumeration search(LdapDN base, final Map env, final ExprNode filter, final
SearchControls searchControls) throws NamingException {

		final StringBuffer sb = new StringBuffer();
        	System.out.println("Filter = " +  sb.toString());

		. . .

I am converting the resulting filter directly to a SQL where clause. At this time I am simply
looping through [0] .. [9] and removing the annotations from the filter.

> PS: We will be very interested to get your testimony about using ADS
> (what is it good for, which kind of problem you went through, which kind
> of solution it solved, such like that :)

I will be glad to write a testimonial as I begin to implement some of my planned solutions.
 I have an ambitious agenda which includes:

	Improved web authentication for my web users.

	Single sign-on capabilities for my domain users.

	An internal e-mail server, which will act as an e-mail document repository for my LDAP exposed
business accounts.

	A LDAP backend for an Asterisk PBX phone system, which will give my internal users an automatic
phone extension and voice mail account.

Mind you, I have virtually no idea how to do any of these things, but that's what makes it

Thanks again,

PS: My email is .com not .net sorry.

Sent via the WebMail system at

View raw message