directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Request
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2007 16:15:04 GMT
So far, I think that Johan i strying to use ADS as a front end for is
backend (sounds a good idea if you want to benefit from all the mechanisms
we have into ADS), his clients are LDAP clients, and his backend being a
kind of giant kind of repository for those clients ID.

The idea then is to plug the backend to ADS using the defined API we have,
instead of our JDBM backend, which is not really easy, but certainly
possible.

Am I wrong Johan ?

> I'm kind of an ldap newbie, but after reading this thread several times I
> have no idea what you are trying to do.  Are you trying to write a new
> storage system for apacheds?  Or are you trying to use ldap as a persistence
> store for an application that deals in java objects? Or something else
> entirely?  Which version of apacheds are you using?  To me, your first posts
> look like you are trying to replace the storage apacheds uses, which AFAIK
> is fairly non-trivial, but your latest post looks like you want help
> installing a bunch of new schemas into apacheds, which is pretty easy.
> thanks
> david jencks
>
> On Jan 23, 2007, at 4:28 AM, Johan Asterholm wrote:
>
> Since i have problems with the partition creation and i need help urgently
> to have an example, I'm willing to offer  ($150 via paypal or similar) to
> have this example together with attribute mapping which allows me to have a
> custom schema.
>
> BR / Johan Asterholm
>

> 2007/1/22, Johan Asterholm <asterholm@gmail.com>:
> >
> > Just updating the list with the latest mail. Anything pointing me in the
> > right direction would be appreciated.
> >
> > BR / Johan Asterholm
> >
> > 2007/1/22, Emmanuel Lecharny < elecharny@gmail.com>:
> > >
> > > oh... I don't see a path to solve your problem in a couple of days.
> > > Woudl it be a couple of weeks, may be...
> > >
> > > Anyone ?
> > >
> > > Sorry :(

H-tree instead of a B-tree for

Hashing in