directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r497896 - /directory/sandbox/oersoy/collaboration.platform.documentation/cookbook.apt
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 18:50:38 GMT
Hi Ole,

looking at your first commits (welcome in the pleasure dome :), I'm just
wondering if the Challenge/Solution/discussion wouldn't be better filled as
JIRA's ?

In my mind, JIRA is not only for bugs, but also a very good tools to submit
Features, Tasks, Improvments and Wishes (all such categories which describe
very clearly what you intend to do when so called 'challenge' is pretty much
a catch all)

You can also trace the status (is it inprogress, closed, etc) and you can
event add some comments and describe the solution. Even commits of code can
be automatically linked to JIRA if you add the JIRA number in the commit''s
comment.

We have great tools, what about using them?

Of course, if you think that JIRA, for a reason or another does not fit your
need, we can discuss this point further. (there is no silver bullet ...)

The point I want to raise is that, as a team, we try to collaborate as much
as possible. We do it through tools (JIRA, ML, Confluence, Maven, Subversion
...). We can define and use new tools, but the best thing would be to find a
kind of agreement around them: keep in mind that you should not be the only
one working with your own tools : this is not "the Apache way" (tm).

No offense at all, I'm just trying to check if I have missed something about
these 'challenge' things :)

--
Cordialement,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny