directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Memory leak?
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 10:30:58 GMT
Hi,

those slides are damn old now... We have fixed somthing like 50 bugs since,
(may be more), we have increase the performance of the server 3 folds (900
req/s instead of 250 req/s) and we have also made some kind of load test (
the server has been running for 72 h being requested at the maximum requests
rate : 900/s, more than 200 000 000 requests, without a problem - except
that my CPU was damn hot ! :)

1.0 has been released (
http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/apacheds/releases.html), it has been
certified by OpenGroup (
http://www.opengroup.org/openbrand/register/brand3527.htm), so I guess we
are now on a much better shape than in june, 2006...

Give 1.0 a try, but you also might wait for 1.0.1, expected to be out within
the next couple of week, because some very serious bugs will be fixed in
this coming version.

So, regarding MemoryLeaks, I will say that, yes, we have found and fixed the
most visible ones. But as stated in any M$ software licence : "...IN NO
EVENT SHALL xxxxx OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL,
INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER..."

Have fun with ADS !

Emmanuel

--
Cordialement,