directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Are attribute names case-sensitive?
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 16:23:22 GMT
As of RFC 2251 :

4.1.4. Attribute Type

   An AttributeType takes on as its value the textual string associated
   with that AttributeType in its specification.

        AttributeType ::= LDAPString

   Each attribute type has a unique OBJECT IDENTIFIER which has been
   assigned to it.  This identifier may be written as decimal digits
   with components separated by periods, e.g. "2.5.4.10".

   A specification may also assign one or more textual names for an
   attribute type.  These names MUST begin with a letter, and only
   contain ASCII letters, digit characters and hyphens.  They are case
   insensitive...

--
Cordialement,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny