directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Ersin Er" <ersin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: [ldap] Re: AW: Re: LDAP Addressbook / schema selection]
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2007 21:05:50 GMT
The thing proposed by Emmanuel is called Contexts in X.500 and they
are only used for language tags in LDAP. (Please correct if I am
wrong.) In fact, Contexts can be used for anything and they are
subject to X.500 facilities like Access Control. However LDAP only
took them as language tags and there is no reason to extend the intent
to use them in a generic manner.

BTW, about the Families of Entries, I had noted down some links here:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx11/The+need+for+Families+of+Entries+in+LDAP

They can be used for much wider purposes than Contexts. I hope we have
time to implement them.

--
Ersin