directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Ersin Er" <ersin...@gmail.com>
Subject [TRILPLESEC] JACC & RBAC
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 08:02:49 GMT
Hi (David),

I have two simple connected questions:

Is JACC basically a RBAC (Role Based Access Control) system?

If it's, do you think its model can be mapped onto the following RBAC model:
http://csrc.nist.gov/rbac/rbacSTD-ACM.pdf ?

The NIST model for RBAC is quite sophisticated and can meet most of
the RBAC model requirements. We cannot implement this fast and it's
not our first priority but I am just dropping an email to keep this in
mind. We would also like to support XACML and its RBAC module in the
future so we'll have a stable core and a service layer that can easily
be adopted by providers as JACC. Lots of TODO.. :-)

Cheers,

--
Ersin