directory-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Another Cool Code Optimization Tool
Date Sun, 07 Jan 2007 23:08:06 GMT

On Jan 7, 2007, at 5:16 PM, David Jencks wrote:

> On Jan 7, 2007, at 4:40 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>
>> Ole Ersoy a écrit :
>>
>>> Hey Guys,
>>>
>>> Have not actually played with this yet, but it looks
>>> really useful for cleaning up code.
>>>
>>> http://pmd.sourceforge.net/
>>>
>> Yeah, it's interesting. I have played with it in the last past years.
>>
>> Notice that you need to customize it, otherwize you will found
>> zillions of violations !!!
>>
>> Somthing that coule be very interesting - and not too complicated
>> - would be to integrate those tools into maven.
>> - pmd
>> - jdepend
>> - checkstyle
>> - findbugs
>>
>> wanna try ?
>
> There are already maven plugins for all of these, you just need to
> turn them on.  I think there's a dashboard of some kind for dealing
> with lots of reports at once, but I've never tried it.

For instance, here's what runs reports in cxf.  These plugins are
configured in pluginManagement.  This is in the root pom so all
modules get these reports.

     <reporting>
         <plugins>
             <plugin>
                 <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                 <artifactId>cobertura-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                 <version>${cobertura.version}</version>
             </plugin>
             <plugin>
                 <artifactId>maven-project-info-reports-plugin</
artifactId>
                 <version>${mprojectinfo.version}</version>
             </plugin>
             <!--   Codehaus is down
             <plugin>
                 <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                 <artifactId>jxr-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                 <version>${jxr.version}</version>
             </plugin>
             <plugin>
                 <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
                 <artifactId>jdepend-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                 <version>${jdepend.version}</version>
             </plugin>
             -->
             <plugin>
                 <artifactId>maven-surefire-report-plugin</artifactId>
                 <version>${surefire-report.version}</version>
             </plugin>
             <plugin>
                 <version>${javadoc.version}</version>
             </plugin>
             <plugin>
                 <artifactId>maven-checkstyle-plugin</artifactId>
             </plugin>
             <plugin>
                 <artifactId>maven-pmd-plugin</artifactId>
             </plugin>
         </plugins>
     </reporting>

thanks