directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Marc Boorshtein" <mboorsht...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TCP service not shutting down cleanly
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2007 14:12:46 GMT

> Ah I see.  Then isn't it a problem of JVM rather than of MINA?

I don't think so because I never had (and still don't have) this issue
with the MINA that came with ApacheDS 0.9.8

> It is really weird, but I guess we don't have any control on it if it only
> occurs when you kill (i.e. kill -9 <pid>) the process.

I'm not a network stack expert, but if I had to guess I think the
issue is probably more on how the connection is oppened and managed
wrather then how it is shut down.

This was really only an issue because it kept me from running my unit
tests which I've been able to clear up by making sure I cleanly
shutdown MyVD at the end of every run.

Marc