directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TCP service not shutting down cleanly
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2007 03:34:26 GMT
On 1/30/07, Marc Boorshtein <mboorshtein@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/30/07, Trustin Lee <trustin@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I attached some test code for reproducing the problem.
> >
> >  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-342
> >
> > So far, I couldn't reproduce the problem using it, but I believe what it
> > does is almost same with what ApacheDS does.  I suspect it is a platform
> > dependent problem which is not directly related with MINA.
> >

> Sorry I haven't had a chance to follow up on this,  The shutdown code
> from apacheds is working well.  The issue only seems to occur when the
> process is killed before the shutdown code can be executed.

Ah I see.  Then isn't it a problem of JVM rather than of MINA?

The issue does occur on both Fedora Core 5 and Fedora Core 6.  The
> only thing that would have me disagree with your assertion is that I
> didn't have this issue with the MINA that came with apacheds 0.9.8.

It is really weird, but I guess we don't have any control on it if it only
occurs when you kill (i.e. kill -9 <pid>) the process.

> Marc, please run the test code I've created and let me know the result and
> > the difference from the real scenario, if there's any difference.  And,
> > please try again with the latest snapshot ( 1.0.2-SNAPSHOT).
>
> Will probably not be able to get to this until this weekend, but will do.

OK.  Then let me reschedule this issue to 1.0.3, and start the vote to
release 1.0.2. :)

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6