directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole_er...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [DOCUMENTATION] Guidelines Around Using JIRA
Date Sat, 20 Jan 2007 01:11:38 GMT
OH - I'm going straight for the Rational Rose CATCH
All, Beeibby!

:-)

For instance for bugs I'm probably going to add some
code annotations that let us note where the bug is
directly in the code, and this will trigger the JIRA
entry when continuum runs...or something...

Anyways - Please don't let that distract from the
Eclipse Help System proposal.

That was just an example of the thinking I'm using
with respect to developing such guidelines.

Keep in mind I'm doing this stuff anyways, so ADS can
benefit from it, if it wants to benefit :-) ?

Cheers,
- Ole

--- Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ole Ersoy a écrit :
>
> ><snip/>
> >
> >So what would be my personal guideline for putting
> >something on JIRA?
> >
> >Bugs I think are obvious.  But wait.
> >
> >What if it's a common bug, and I wanted to write
> >something about it in a design document, with
> respect
> >per our Code Analysis Mojos, so that we can scour
> our
> >code base looking for other instances of this bug.
> >

> Ok, let's go straight to the simplest solution :
> create your design page
> in confluence, and copy/paste the related JIRA link
> into it, and the svn
> links. No need to write complicated new tools,
> unless you want to
> develop the New Meta-CatchAll system, a kind of
> giant Rational-Rose...
> IMHO, of course :)
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle
>
> Emmanuel