directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Using package-info.java
Date Sat, 27 Jan 2007 04:40:06 GMT
I'm working on doco for some of the modules, notably Kerberos.  I
noticed that new with JDK 5.0 the "preferred" package comment file is
package-info.java.  Any problem if I build out package comments with
that, since we're on 1.5 now?

{quote}
To create a package comment file, you have a choice of two files to
place your comments:
* package-info.java - Can contain a package declaration, package
annotations, package comments and Javadoc tags. This file is new in
JDK 5.0, and is preferred over package.html.
* package.html - Can contain only package comments and Javadoc tags,
no package annotations.
{quote}

Enrique