directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Trail 0: Interoperability doco
Date Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:52:01 GMT
Hi, Directory developers,

I started consolidating interoperability doco under the Space
Christine mentioned:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx10/Interoperability

I have maybe 30 more pages to move over plus I need to review my
personal Confluence site and older Directory and TripleSec doco.  I
won't do mass page dumps because I need to review first for errant
passwords or site-specific IP addresses, etc.

Right now the pages are in a big list and many contain config notes as
opposed to real doco.  Once all the pages are moved over I intend to
organize them into "trails" a la the Sun Java site.  In fact, the
pages are meant to be followed per trails so likely won't make much
sense if you just start browsing them.

You may notice some doco touches on the setup of proprietary or
non-Directory open-source software.  My hope is to not rehash the
million config sites out there or get tons of newbie requests that
belong elsewhere, but simply to touch upon a few key config items that
are used in later tutorials or to point out some basic security
considerations.

I'll send emails as I close the loop on new trails.  Initial trails
will be basic.  Later trails will get more complicated.

Enrique