directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <>
Subject Re: [Fwd: [ldap] Re: AW: Re: LDAP Addressbook / schema selection]
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2007 20:58:16 GMT
On 1/21/07, Emmanuel Lecharny <> wrote:
> Well, I don't know to much about famillies, but I think that we might
> workaround the problem of first email, second email, etc by using
> attribute descriptions options :
> mail;primary:
> mail;office:

Could this technique also be used for multiple attributes that are
typically grouped together?  As a specific example, would you do this
with addresses, say for a shipping address vs. a secondary shipping

In RFC 2596 the technique is used for language codes:

streetAddress: 1 University Street
streetAddress;lang-en: 1 University Street
streetAddress;lang-fr: 1 rue Universite

Would it make sense to handle shipping address vs. secondary shipping
address attributes (from RFC 2256:  X.500 User Schema) this way?

street;home: 5 Main St.
street;work: 10 Commercial Way
... similarly for st, l, and c (state, locality, and country).

View raw message