directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject ApacheCon EU 2007 CFP
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2007 01:27:07 GMT
Hi, Directory developers,

Today is the CFP for ApacheCon EU 2007.  The CFP site accepted my
submissions, so I don't think I missed the cut-off!  Anyway, both of
my talks have to do with Directory-backed authentication:  (AD1853) is
the Kerberos talk I've given a couple times and (AD1854) basically
replaces Kerberos with CardSpace technologies (WS-Trust, WS-Mex, and
SAML).  So, if either or both talks interest you and you have CFP
website access, then I would appreciate the support.  Log in and
there's a link to "Rate the session proposals."  My abstracts are
below.

Enrique

AD1853
Title:  Secure Single-Sign-On with Apache Directory and Apache Kerberos

Abstract:  The lead developer of the Kerberos protocol provider for
the Apache Directory will discuss the use of Apache Directory as a
"realm controller" for Linux and Windows machines. This talk will
provide an overview of the Kerberos and Change Password protocol
workflow. Significant time will be spent on the configuration of trust
relationships and the configuration of both Linux and Windows machines
to use Apache Directory as a Key Distribution Center (KDC). Hint:
those attending this session should be interested in network
authentication ("single-sign-on") using Kerberos realms. Prior
experience with Kerberos is recommended.

AD1854
Title:  Using Apache Directory as an Identity Provider STS for CardSpace

Abstract:  A member of the Apache Directory PMC will discuss the use
of Apache Directory as a CardSpace Identity Provider "Security Token
Service" (STS) for cross-platform web authentication.  This talk will
introduce CardSpace and discuss the basics of the Subject, Relying
Party, and Identity Provider roles.  Significant time will be spent on
live demonstrations of an Identity Provider provisioning Managed Cards
online and validating one-time password (OTP) tokens based on open
standards (OATH).