directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: [ldap] Re: AW: Re: LDAP Addressbook / schema selection]
Date Sun, 21 Jan 2007 19:21:42 GMT
Alex Karasulu a écrit :

> I am expecting a proposal on how we can implement this feature.  :)
>
> Alex

Well, I don't know to much about famillies, but I think that we might
workaround the problem of first email, second email, etc by using
attribute descriptions options :

mail;primary: my.primary.email@apache.org
mail;office: my.office.email@iktek.com

etc.

Searching for a primary email is then very easy, supposing that the
client accept such attribute description options (btw, they are really
close to what we can do with languages). The filter would be :
(mail;primary=*)

Looking for all email is equally easy :
(mail=*)

It seems to be simple, not depending on anything else that basic ldap
features, and quite logical to me.

wdyt ?

Emmanuel