directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Connection refused?
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2007 07:28:38 GMT
wolverine my a écrit :

> Hi!
>
> When I test the ApacheDS with JMeter (simulating 1000 users), there
> are some exceptions as shown below:
>
> 1169011310793,0,Thread Bind,800,javax.naming.CommunicationException:
> localhost:10389 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException:
> Connection refused: connect],Thread Group 1-455,text,false,
>
> What could be the possible cause of this exception?
> Could it because of the it exceeded the maximum session?

Well, you migth exhaust the server capacity at this point. It depends on
how is your test designe d:
- do you have 1000 simltunaous users
- do they requests again as soon as they get the previous response
- are your jmeter clients on other machines
- which kind of requests do you use

Considering all those parameters, and considering that we dedicate a
limited number of thread to handle incoming requests, yes, you may have
reached this limit. However, this is something quite usual for a server
: http server might also reject connexion under very heavy load (ok, it
won't be with 1000 clients, but it also depends on what you are running
behind).

There is a maxThreads parameter in the server.xml file, you might want
to change its value to increase the number of threads handling the
incomming requests.

<beans>
  <bean id="configuration"
class="org.apache.directory.server.configuration.MutableServerStartupConfiguration">
    <property name="workingDirectory" value="example.com"/>
    <property name="maxThreads" value="8"/>    <------ change this value
if needed.

Emmanuel