directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Added new users to JIRA directory-dev group
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 18:04:08 GMT
David Jencks wrote:

> On Jan 8, 2007, at 1:04 AM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I noticed that a few of you were having issues with JIRA issues :).
>> Namely not seeing the close and resolve menu options to handle
>> issues.  It then occurred to me that the following people were not yet
>> put into the directory-dev group after David Jencks asked about being
>> able to close DIRTSEC-2:
>>
>> seelmann
>> ckoppelt
>> djencks
>>
>> See if you can now close and resolve issues properly.
>
> I can (still) resolve issues but I don't see the close link yet.  What
> is the "standard" directory jira workflow?  Some people resolve issues
> when they're fixed and close them when they're in a release.... I'm
> kinda used to closing them when I fix them.

I think we use the default workflow.  Now what this means is another
story.  I always thought that:

(1) issue creators create issues (dahhhhh),
(2) developers fix the issue and close it
(3) issue creator then verify the fix and resolve it

Now if this is incorrect please correct me becasue this whole JIRA
process was always a bit vague to me.

Regards,
Alex