directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: directoryStringFirstComponentMatch & LDAP & ACIs
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 18:01:41 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> Well, good question.
>
> If the syntax starts with a '{' and end with a '}' for all
> DirectoryStringFirstComponent (DSFC in the following discussion), then I
> think we can remove them.
>
> syntax ::= '{' <xxx> '}'
> is strictly equivalent to
> syntax ::= '{' <xxx> '}'
>
> if we can't have an isolated '}' in <xxx>.
>
> The very same for the identificationTag : if all <xxx> start with <
> identificationTag "someId" >, then no need to have this
> identificationTag token because it's implicit.
>
> At the end, we could perfectly have :
> syntax ::= " <ID> " <xxx>
> instead of
> syntax ::= '{' identificationTag " <ID> " <xxx> '}'
>
> wdyt ?

I would not try to change the syntax for ACI to be able to use this
non-specific matchingRule: directoryStringFirstComponent.  Instead
define a specific matchingRule for ACI matching.  You might even make it
non-specific to ACI but more primitive like
directoryStringThirdComponentMatch.

See what I'm saying?

Regards,
Alex