directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Reducing the complexity/verbosity of default server.xml (and custom configuration files)
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 17:49:50 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> I would favor a simplification of the server.xml file, where default
> values are removed, and with sub-files for, say, partition. I find it a
> little bit complicated to handle many partition configurations in one
> big single xml file !

+1 this is a great idea.  Break up the configuration into multiple
files.  Don't know if spring can do this using references to load
another file.

Also how will this effect the installation and relative verses full path
names to referred configuration files.

Experiments need to be done.

> Now, we have some other urgent things to handle, like Schema
> refactoring, ugly bugs and pending releases.

100% agree on that.

> I would like to postpone the server.xml refactoring for the next two
> months, but definitively, we need this refactoring to occurs before 1.6
> version.

Yeah right now I don't have the cycles.  For me my priorities are:

Dynamic Schema
Multi Master Replication
Getting Triplesec off the ground and working on JACC stuff with David

Oh and all those darn presentations I have to do :).

Regards,
Alex