directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Please deploy jars to SNAPSHOT repo on changes
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 05:32:34 GMT
Emmanuel,

You did a great job yesterday but you gotta deploy your changes to the
remote repos.  You know that every time you make a significant API
change you should push jars up to the remote repository.

Yeah I know I did not mention this to many people.  I'm trying to get
into the habit myself.

When API changes are made we have to deploy those changes to the
SNAPSHOT repository.  Otherwise compilation issues make it so others
cannot point fix the code.  Like Trustin tried to fix the server-ssl
problem by checking out server-ssl and could not build it without a full
rebuild because the shared-ldap changes broke everything and maven could
not pull down up to date snapshots.

NOW FOR THE FUNNY PART :D

*Alex does not want to admin this*

You could not really do this because I fudged up the deploy the last
time.  My last deploy changed the permissions to exclude write access to
the group.  Doh!  So even if you followed the rules my last deployment
would not have allowed anyone else to update the repo.

So to do this right for the future we all might want to take a look at
the following confluence page Trustin has over here:

http://mina.apache.org/developer-guide.html

It shows how to deploy to the repo when changes are made to APIs.

Regards,
Alex