directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole_er...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Coding Conventions] TODO's in code
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2007 14:29:07 GMT
Hey Emmanuel,

Those are all good points and I agree with them all.

I actually go by the same rules 95% of the time.

Sometimes, I put a todo in, when there's a dependency
on an other project.  For instance commons-exec is
adding a shell scripting execution environment based
on the work from Maven's component's so I added a TODO
to switch to that when commons-exec reaches 1.0.

However, I do agree, that until the repository
functionality that scans for todo's in the code base
and automatically puts them in something like a JIRA
tracking system, so that JIRA has complete visibility,
all TODO's that are open for collaboration should be
in JIRA.

Then there are those todo's that are personal
reminders.  Sometimes we need to do something, before
something else can be done, and we like to leave a
little reminder for ourselves to do it.

I think these are the ones you are suggesting
discretion for.

So I'm a +1 given the contingencies :-)

Cheers,
- Ole

--- Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:

> oops, a bad 'submit' cut my last sentence ...
>
> So I don't want to looks like harsh to you by
> rejected all your proposals, I
> just try to capture the way we are currently working
> as a group, even if
> it's not exactly the way I think it should always be
> done. In any case, if a
> proposal seems good, we can vote for it. This is
> like democracy, the worst
> possibly system, if you exclude all the others :)
>
> Emmanuel
>
> --
> Cordialement,
> Emmanuel L├ęcharny