directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole_er...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon EU 2007 CFP
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2007 20:22:22 GMT
Hey Guys,

Maybe now is a good time to talk about standards.

Personally I think every submission should have a
checklist of things to go through before it is
incorporated into ADS and can be talked about and
supported.  Everything has to get checked off, or the
thing is in a holding pattern.  This encourages full
completion of each item, and all related / directly
corresponding items while their fresh in the mind of
the individual that created the thing.

That said I'm going to put my effort where my mouth is
and create such a list.  My target is to have it
delivered within the next two weeks.  I'll go over the
current stuff we have on Confluence again, just so
that I'm sure to incorporate existing material.

It's a two week target, because I think that gives me
sufficient time to commit the RPM packaging stuff, so
that I have a real world visible example of how I
followed my own recommendations.

Cheers,
- Ole