directory-dev mailing list archives

From Tino Schwarze <apacheds.li...@tisc.de>
Subject Why does LDAP studio display no subentries?
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 17:12:44 GMT
Hi there,

I'm browsing my open-EIS backed ApacheDS partition with JXplorer and it
works well. The structure looks like this:

o=community4you.de
+- cn=Bookmarks
+- cn=Benutzerverwaltung
   +- uid=admin
   +- cn=Anonym
   +- cn=Benutzer

It is displayed correctly in JXplorer. But in LDAP studio, I can expand
the o=community4you.de branch, but it doesn't expand any further. I
even provided the hasSubordinate attribute which is displayed correctly,
but if I try to expand "Benutzerverwaltung", it displays "fetching
fields..." for a moment, then the message disappears and nothing
happens. The weird thing is: I don't get any methods called in my
partition. From my partition's point of view absolutely nothing happens
if I try to expand the "Benutzerverwaltung" branch.

Where should I look next?

BTW: For some reason, LDAP studio also doesn't show me the object's
attributes if I click on an objecct. Only the object class is shown. As
above, I don't get any additional calls into my partition if I click on
a node. In JXplorer, I get a hasEntry(...) and a search(...) call for
each clicked node.

Thanks,

Tino.

--