directory-dev mailing list archives

From Tino Schwarze <apacheds.li...@tisc.de>
Subject Re: UTF-8 woes
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 11:24:45 GMT
On Sat, Dec 30, 2006 at 02:25:21PM +0100, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> >>In the meantime, ust use getUpName().

> >I'll try that and see what I get (next year).

> FYI, I have tested you test case using getUpName() and it works.

Now I have correct SearchResults with correct names in them. But
JXplorer still shows "Auftr%c3%a4ge" instead of Aufträge, so I still
need a decodeValue method before searching. Looking at the wire protocol
with Ethereal, I see that everything is correctly transmitted in UTF-8,
so I suppose, it's a JXplorer issue.

Are there other issues known with UTF-8 characters and LDAP clients?

Bye,

Tino.

--
www.quantenfeuerwerk.de