I have added information about two proposed schema extensions:

* X-SCHEMA-NAME for all schema element descriptions which is like Netscape X-ORIGIN
* X-IS-HUMAN-READABLE for syntax descriptions

Hi,

I have added information about the defaultDestinationSchema attribute and clarified the state of destinationSchema attribute wrt it.

http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxSRVx11/schema-subsystem-redesign.html

On 11/29/06, Ersin Er <ersin.er@gmail.com > wrote:
On 11/29/06, Alex Karasulu < akarasulu@apache.org > wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> We have the design in mind and it looks good.  Now it's time to start
> the work.  I cannot see the whole path to get this done but here's what
> I see into the next few weeks.
>
> 1a). We need to implement a meta schema to represent schema entities as
> entries in the server under ou=schema area.  Emmanuel already started on
> this.
>
> 1b). We need parsers for interchanging LDAP description formats for
> schema entities into Schema objects.  Ersin already started working on
> these parsers.
>
> 1a and 1b are concurrent.
>
> 2). Need to write the special partition for ou=schema which uses a
> subset of schema information to bootstrap itself and initialize the
> schema subsystem.
>
> 3). Write the schema subsystem facade and initialization code to load
> all entities into their respective registries.  Also need to figure out
> how to maintain and access registries for specific SAAs.  Basically we
> need a method to lookup a registry based on DN.  This will find the SAA
> associated with the DN, and lookup the associated registries with that SAA.
>
> 4a). Start writing code to inject subschemaSubentry attributes into
> entries falling under SAAs defined by the subtree specifications of
> schema subentries.

FYI, this has already been implemented in the SubentryService (by Alex
mostly). I may add a few tests to make it sure it works correctly.

--
Ersin

--
Ersin