directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UTF-8 woes
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2006 16:43:13 GMT
AAAAAAHHHHHhhhh ! (Or is it \C3\C3\C3\C3\C3\C3HHHHHhhhh ? :)

You will have to be a little bit more explicit... How do you build your RDN?
FYI, it is supposed to be a UTF-8 encoded String, so if you are to code an
ä, you will have to :
- create a byte array containing it's counterpart (0xC3 0xa4) and do a new
String( byteArray, "UTF-8" ) before passing it to the RDN constructor
- OR do a new RDN( "\u00e4" );

never do a new RDN( "ä" ), because then the String will be considered as
ISO-8859-1 encoded  string (at least in Germany or in France, not in Turkey
:)

Does it help you to figure out what can be the probem ?

Emmanuel L\u00e9charny :)

--
Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny