directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving dev guide doco
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2006 15:03:11 GMT

> Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I'm thinking about reorganize a little bit the developper quide for ADS,
> > becuase it is spreading all over the wiki... We have pieces on :
> > - http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxDEV/Index
> > -
> >
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx10/ApacheDS+v1.0+Developers%27s+Guide
> > <
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx10/ApacheDS+v1.0+Developers%27s+Guide
> >
> > -
> >
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx11/ApacheDS+v1.5+Developer%27s+Guide
> > - http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx11/Building+trunks
> > - http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx11/Interceptors
> > <http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx11/Interceptors>
> > - http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx11/Mitosis
> > - http://docs.safehaus.org/display/APACHEDS/Developer%27s+Guide
> > - http://docs.safehaus.org/display/APACHEDS/Home/xxxxx
> >
> > What about moving all those pages to
> > http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxDEV ?
>

> Would it not be best to keep dev specifics for a version in it's own
> space?

Well, basically, a good idea. I'm not sure it makes a lot of sense to change
the 1.0 version dev doc, it's dead anyway (any volunteer to retro-document
it ? ;). So 1.5 doco should be put in 1.5 space, and generic dev doco should
be put id DIRxDEV, agreed.

Then we could use the DEV space for general non-version specific
> development issues?

The problem is that we may have very few elements to put in this space. At
some point, I'm just wondering if it was a good idea to create such a space.
wdyt ?

Don't think I disagree.  I don't really know for sure and so I was
> asking some devil's advocate questions.

yeah, and this is why I pushed the question on the ML, instead of doing the
reorg and waiting for acid remarks ;)

I wonder what Christine and Stephan have to say about this as well.

Good point, they certianly have a vision of what should be the correct
structure.

Regards,

--
Cordialement,