directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Implementing an alternative backend
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2006 18:12:00 GMT
Ooops, forget to say that you should also type this command :

mvn eclipse:eclipse

to generates the .project and .classpath for eclipse. Just launch eclipse
then, and import the existing projects from the directory where you have
built the code.

Emmanuel

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tino Schwarze <tisc@in-chemnitz.de>
Date: Dec 21, 2006 7:00 PM
Subject: Re: Implementing an alternative backend
To: dev@directory.apache.org

Hi Alex,

On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 12:25:52PM -0500, Alex Karasulu wrote:

> > I've got a pretty interesting project here: We would like to equip our
> > open-EIS knowledge management software with an embedded LDAP server.
> > I was pretty glad to find the Apache DS since everything seems to be in
> > place. My first goal is to allow user authentication against an existing
> > open-EIS user base which is stored in a DB.
> >
> > Looking at the architecture I found that the best way would be to
> > implemnt a new backend and provide a DN<->category mapping (open-EIS
> > content is organized in categories) as well as a OID<->SQL mapping.
> >
> > Do you have any hints or advice for me? Is this the right place to
> > start?
>
> Sounds like a nice project to work on.  Yeah writing a custom partition
> would give you a lot of power.  It is the right place to start.
>
> First thing just take a look at the Partition interface in the partition
> package.  You'll have to implement this for your EIS application.
>
> Best thing to do might be to first stub out all the methods and set
> things up so you can just read a simple entry after installing the
> partition into the server.  Then you can move on to start building up
> your solution.

That's good news. :-) I'll let you know how I progress...

BTW: I had some difficulties with building Apache DS... what's the
easiest way to get a dev environment set up with Eclipse? I had to add a
lot of libs by hand... And there's a JBOSS depency in the sar-plugin
which made me struggle.

Bye,

Tino.

--