directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <>
Subject Re:
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 21:57:43 GMT
Hi guys,

> I will show if the shared-ldap LDIF utils could be used for the LDIF
> editor.

If you need any help whith the Ldif library, just post a mail to the ML, I
may help.

Does it makes sense to move the DSML parser to ldap-shared?

Sure !

There are some issues with big files in eclipse (see
> ).
> If we want to use the eclipse features (syntax coloring folding, content
> assistence) this could be a real problem. The LDIF editor currently
> rejects files bigger than 1MB.

Hmmm... Not sure that it make sense to edit a LDIF file which is bigger than
1MB. In my mind, what you should do is to load the entries, not the ldif
file. The shared-ldap ldif tool is able to grab one entry at a time, may be
we can add some kind of curser to navigate through the file without loading
it in memory.

Emmanuel L├ęcharny

View raw message