directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven Experiments
Date Sun, 03 Dec 2006 00:23:46 GMT
Interesting test ! (May be maven's guy could be interested in such a test)

Could you try something? Suppose you have :
TLP -> PL2 -> PL3
(PLx means Project Level x)

with a test in each level, and each test depends on a very specific version
of commons-collection. For instance, PL2 use commons-collection 2.1.1 and
PL3 use version 3.2.

In the PL2 test, you use
ArrayEnumeration<http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/collections/api-2.1.1/org/apache/commons/collections/ArrayEnumeration.html>which
does not exist anymore in
3.2
In the PL3 test, you use
AbstractBagDecorator<http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/collections/api-release/org/apache/commons/collections/bag/AbstractBagDecorator.html>which
does not exist in
2.1.1

Now, try to make it works with different combinations.

It could also be interesting that you push your test to your sandbox, so
that we may experiment such tests without having to recreate all those poms
:) (I know, i'm lazy :)

Thanks !

Emmanuel

--