directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Tim Quinn" <jpyobjcd...@gmail.com>
Subject LDAP Dispatcher Servlet
Date Sun, 31 Dec 2006 19:52:28 GMT
Greetings,

I have been finding situations where systems that require authentication but
cannot for various reasons migrate to LDAP infrastructure. The current
system depends on a remotely maintained service utilizes authentication
binds over http posts.

I was wondering if anybody has done or seen source code to do the following:

   - Have Java Servlet(s) that mimics itself as an LDAP Server for doing
   basic TLS Bind / Rebind authentication flows.
   - This Servlet will accept transactions and will have code within to
   logically handle how the call is passed on down the chain; either to make
   Https calls to some basic bind auth service or to route to a real localized
   ldap or other authentication database.
      - Servlet should should act extactly as an LDAP server in such
      that the client is unaware that it is not a real LDAP server.
   - Code could also be written to localize the authentication
   information so that if remote auth bind services are unavailabe, client will
   likely still be able to authenticate by authenticating to the local store.

The important thing here is that we must assume that we cannot change the
remote auth service and therefore, going pure LDAP is out of the question.

Thanks for your time and interest.

Regards,
Timothy C. Quinn