directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Ersin Er" <ersin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving dev guide doco
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2006 17:37:11 GMT
On 12/29/06, Stefan Zoerner <szoerner@apache.org> wrote:
> Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> >
> > yeah, and this is why I pushed the question on the ML, instead of doing
> > the reorg and waiting for acid remarks ;)
> >
> >     I wonder what Christine and Stephan have to say about this as well.
> >

> > Good point, they certianly have a vision of what should be the correct
> > structure.
> >

> Thanks for thinking I have a vision, Emmanuel ;-)
>
> We planned to have the following in the ApacheDS 1.0 Documentation
>
> * ApacheDS v1.0 Basic User's Guide
> (This is for beginners, currently Christine + I work on it, first
> version nearly completed)
> * ApacheDS v1.0 Advanced User's Guide
> (Audience: advanced users)
>
> Content from the old "ApacheDS v1.0 User's Guide" will be moved to these
> two. It is still a TODO to tidy up the homepage:
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxSRVx10/

The homepage is located here:

http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxSITE

> We will certainly do this before the new site, which will include the
> ApacheDS 1.0 Documentation, opens.
>
> Things which are not related to a certain version should not be in
> http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxSRVx10/ or http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxSRVx11/

For stuff like Community, Downloads we have the following space:

http://cwiki.apache.org/directory

> This holds true for developer information like mailing lists, coding
> standards etc. From my point of view, they belong to the main site or
> http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxDEV/

DIRxDEV as used in Geronimo project (GMOxDEV) stores information about
latest development activity in trunks. However we are using DIRxSRVx11
for this purpose. Currently this space is kept empty.

> Other things you have mentioned:
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSRVx11/Interceptors
> I would move this to ApacheDS v1.0 Advanced User's Guide, and later copy
> the content to ApacheDS v1.5 Advanced User's Guide. Unfortunatly,
> currently there is not much activity in the Advanced User's Guide

Message taken.

--
Ersin