directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Website redesign
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 10:59:13 GMT
Hi dev,

We discuss on IM last week that we should redesign the website and have
something that looks a little more "sexy" and appealing.

I have a friend who is Web Designer and interested in making us a website.

I have some basic design questions for you to guide him a little before he
draws a first sketch.

1°/ What kind of design do we want ? Left side column for navigation links,
right side column (much larger) for content is a standard that we could use,
what do you think ?

2°/ What are our colours ? Alex was proposing to use match the colours used
by the Mozilla website, which is a variation of blues. Any thougths ?

3°/ What Navigation do we want to show ? Do we match the old architecture
used by the maven generated website or do we change it ? What kind of
sections do we want to have ?

4°/ Since we are going to rebuild a website, I think It could be a good time
for designing the logo for ADS. This way, we could integrate these things
together. If you're OK with that, I think my friend will be pleased to
propose us something, and I could maybe have some proposals from other
friends that makes some graphics arts too.

Cheers,

P-A M.