directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re:
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2006 22:07:31 GMT
Hello Stefan,

I will show if the shared-ldap LDIF utils could be used for the LDIF
> editor. Does it makes sense to move the DSML parser to ldap-shared?

Not yet I think. It still has major opened issues but as soon as it support
binary values and those major issues are closed, its best place may be
shared-ldap.

There are some issues with big files in eclipse (see

> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?query_format=specific&order=relevance+desc&bug_status=__open__&product=&content=big+large+files
> ).
> If we want to use the eclipse features (syntax coloring folding, content
> assistence) this could be a real problem. The LDIF editor currently
> rejects files bigger than 1MB.

So, we may have exactly the same problem with a DSML Editor. It may even
come sooner, since XML files are more verbose

> I already tried to migrate to maven a few weeks ago and I got some
> > issues regarding the internal Eclipse computed dependencies (that are
> > necessary to build and run tests on plugins but should not be exported
> > in the plugin itself since those dependencies will be supplied by the
> > Eclipse platform or the RCP app). Have you ever successfully build an
> > Eclipse plugin using Maven ?
> No, not yet.

Ok, we'll work together on spare time to get LDAP Studio building with
Maven.

P-A