directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Marc Boorshtein" <mboorsht...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Virtual Directory that uses MINA and ApacheDS...
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 15:55:22 GMT

> Well if you've built a VD on MINA and ApacheDS why not just bring it
> here as a project?
>
> Alex

Thanks for the offer Alex, but the only part of ApacheDS MyVD is using
is it's LDAP protocol stack, and I eventually would like to eliminate
that and use just MINA (nothing against the ApacheDS LDAP
implementation, I just want to remove the marshaling layer).

Given that it does currently use part of ApacheDS, I'm sure it would
be pretty easy to integrate  MyVD as a partition on ApacheDS.  I'm
sure at some point I will try to integrate ApacheDS into MyVD for a
local storage option.

I also see the two projects as having different goals.  I've found
that virtual directories work best when deployed in a narrow scope, so
I'd like to keep MyVD as JUST an LDAP virtual directory and focus on
that.  When it comes to other protocols and being a general directory
MyVD could always be used as a back-end.

Marc