directory-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: TRIPLESEC various little problems
Date Mon, 25 Dec 2006 22:15:34 GMT

On Dec 25, 2006, at 4:26 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> David Jencks a écrit :
>
>> I'm running into a few more problems and questions....
>>
>> 1. The wiki page http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxTRIPLESEC/uuid-
>> issues.html seems to indicate that some triplesec developers
>> think  that jdk 1.4.2 compatibility should be maintained for a
>> while  longer.  Not knowing this my patches have used lots of jdk
>> 1.5  features, mostly generics.  I can't find any discussion of
>> this  decision on the mailing list (doesn't mean it's not there :-).
>
> We have switched to Java 5 in trunks. Forget about 1.4.2
> compatibility...
>
>> So, I  propose we move to jdk 1.5 and ask those wanting to run on
>> 1.4 to use  retrotranslator.  BTW I didn't look far but it looks
>> to me as if  apache harmony has a UUID implementation.
>
> Already switched :)

I thought apacheds was already on 1.5 so I was really wondering about
triplesec :-)

>> 2. After lots of successful builds I discovered -Pintegration and
>> started running into failures.  I find the integration tests
>> don't  take very long so  I'd recommend reversing the default and
>> having to  use -Pquick or -Pno-integration for a faster build.
>> I've had 2 sets  of problems:
>
> You mean, -Dintegration ?

-Dintegration has the same effect, much to my surprise.  I thought
the standard way of selecting profiles in mvn was with -P, but -D and
-P seem to have the same effect in this case.

>> a.  The store tests failed AFAICT from mismatched shared-ldap
>> libraries.  The ldif files were not getting read in at all.
>
> I would be interested to know which shared-ldap you are using. The
> LdifReader has been totally rewritten for 1.0

Previously the shared-ldap version was 0.9.5.3 and apacheds version
1.0.0.  This worked fine until I tried the integration tests.

Many thanks!
david jencks