directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: UTF-8 woes
Date Sat, 30 Dec 2006 00:12:48 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny a écrit :

> Tino Schwarze a écrit :
>
>> <snip/>
>
> Ok, I get it now. First, apologize to have so badly name this method
> ... toString() is such a pathetic name when it does not give you back
> what you are expecting... Just try this :
>
> System.out.println ( _dnTest.getUpName() );
>
> you will have your expected result. The toString() method is supposed
> (well, whip me, it's terribly bad), to return a String for debug
> usage. The worst thing is that this method is _never_ used anywhere in
> the server, except in unit tests ;(

I can' believe as was _so wrong_ !!! This method is just used aroung 900
times in the server. Modifying it would break it completly, and would
take days to fix it back...

So far, I have created a new JIRA issue about this problem, but it's not
likely to be fixed soon.

In the meantime, ust use getUpName().

Again, sorry. As a defense, I will argue that LdapDN is _not_ intended
to be used from the outside of the server (yes, I know, this is a
pathetic excuse :-/ )