directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Logging configuration question (changing var/log)
Date Fri, 29 Dec 2006 21:27:02 GMT
Hi all!

Currently I add some content to the Basic Configuration section. To be
more concrete, I tried to add some things to logging.

http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxSRVx10/basic-configuration-tasks.html#Basicconfigurationtasks-Configurelogging

I have a (simple?) question related to log file locations. The main
configuration file log4j.properties is located in ADS_HOME/conf, file
names (for  the rolling file appender for instance) are relative to
ADS_HOME/var/log.

And now the question:
Where is the path "var/log" configured? Is it possible to change it? If
I use the Windows Service, I am able to configure locations and even
change this path, but this setting produces the desired effect only for
the daemon and stdout/stderr, not for the appenders of log4j.

Thanks in advance,
     Stefan