directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TRIPLESEC various little problems
Date Mon, 25 Dec 2006 23:16:26 GMT
David Jencks a écrit :

> On Dec 25, 2006, at 4:26 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>
>> David Jencks a écrit :
>>
>>> I'm running into a few more problems and questions....
>>>
>>> 1. The wiki page http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxTRIPLESEC/uuid-
>>> issues.html seems to indicate that some triplesec developers  think
>>> that jdk 1.4.2 compatibility should be maintained for a  while
>>> longer.  Not knowing this my patches have used lots of jdk  1.5
>>> features, mostly generics.  I can't find any discussion of  this
>>> decision on the mailing list (doesn't mean it's not there :-).
>>

>> We have switched to Java 5 in trunks. Forget about 1.4.2
>> compatibility...
>>
>>> So, I  propose we move to jdk 1.5 and ask those wanting to run on
>>> 1.4 to use  retrotranslator.  BTW I didn't look far but it looks  to
>>> me as if  apache harmony has a UUID implementation.
>>

>> Already switched :)
>

> I thought apacheds was already on 1.5 so I was really wondering about
> triplesec :-)

As Triplesec has been injected after 1.0, and in trunks, I guess it
should be considered as java 5 compatible, like any other projects in
trunks.

>>> 2. After lots of successful builds I discovered -Pintegration and
>>> started running into failures.  I find the integration tests  don't
>>> take very long so  I'd recommend reversing the default and  having
>>> to  use -Pquick or -Pno-integration for a faster build.   I've had 2
>>> sets  of problems:
>>

>> You mean, -Dintegration ?
>

> -Dintegration has the same effect, much to my surprise.  I thought
> the standard way of selecting profiles in mvn was with -P, but -D and
> -P seem to have the same effect in this case.

Whell, I never heard of -P in maven (even if I've heard a lot of things
about maven, not all being nice :). -D sounds like any ant or java
property settings. We usually use mvn -Dintegration test on trunks. -P
activates profile, but I also guess that -D set the very same
property... Hmmm. Maven black magic again :)

Emmanuel