directory-dev mailing list archives

From Sven Schliesing <schlies...@subshell.com>
Subject [naming] Meaningless FileNotFoundException
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 09:21:04 GMT
Hi,

I tried to hunt down this bug myself but the link from
http://directory.apache.org/subprojects/naming/ to the Source
Repositories gives me a 404.
Furthermore the Issue tracking seems to be down too, so I'm posting it
to this list.

Maybe someone out there likes to check this one:
Yesterday I spent some time setting up Struts. I copied the config-file
from one of our other projects and got a weird Stack Trace:
---------------
[2006-12-08 10:10:42,129, ERROR]
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet:768: Parsing error processing
resource path /WEB-INF/struts-config.xml
java.io.FileNotFoundException
	at
org.apache.naming.resources.DirContextURLConnection.getInputStream(DirContextURLConnection.java:297)
	at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity(Unknown
Source)
---------------

I triple checked the struts-config.xml and after some time I realised
that the dtd-line looks somewhat strange:
<!DOCTYPE struts-config PUBLIC "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD
Struts Configuration 1.3//EN" "../dtds/struts-config_1_2.dtd">

Changing this to
<!DOCTYPE struts-config PUBLIC "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD
Struts Configuration 1.3//EN"
"http://struts.apache.org/dtds/struts-config_1_2.dtd">
solved the FNFE.

But the meaningless FNFE-message still confused me. So I changed the
path to the dtd to:
"http://struts.apache.org/ddtds/struts-config_1_2.dtd"

Now I got a proper FNFE-message:
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
"http://struts.apache.org/ddtds/struts-config_1_2.dtd"

A meaningfull message like this could have saved me plenty of time.

Maybe someone could look at the code an fix this issue.

Thank,

Sven